Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Samuel's Birthday Wishes: Donuts, Cheese Whiz, & A Mosquito Head Net


On this special day,
we were still laying our floor,
so we surprised Samuel early with breakfast in bed!

And since our bed was on the living room floor,
the kids thought it was extra fun!


What better way to celebrate than with donuts...



And blowing out imaginary candles?


Samuel's a maple-glazed kind of guy (disgusting!),
but the boys prefer anything with sprinkles!


Gabriel was pretty weary of the texture at first...



But he got over it!


Dinner featured all of his favorites...


And yummy dessert too!


When I first married Samuel,
I learned that he (and his family)
loved Cheese Whiz!

He's since weaned himself off the stuff,
but the kids and I still like to buy it for him now and again-
just to be silly!


Another birthday treat:

Butter Pecan Ice Cream!

Last but not least,
my mom and grandma did not disappoint with
their usual crazy gifts.

This year he received a kite, a straight edge,
a mosquito head net, and a flashlight!

...

I love you, Samuel!

It was so fun celebrating this special day with the kids.

You mean so much to me.
I am so glad to have met you,
to have fallen in love with you,
to be IN LOVE with you,
and to be able to hold your hand everyday,
and for eternity.

Happy Birthday, H.D.

Love,
Me

H.T.




2 comments:

the wyllie's said...

is HD and HT something like HBWWLS? You don't even want to know what I came up with... I'm still laughing!

Samuel + Olivia said...

You're right. I do NOT want to know what you came up with. You're your mother's child, which means it wouldn't be good... :)

Then again, Samuel's your mother's son, so...hmmm...