Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy Birthday, Samuel!



The big 3 - 3 finally came for Samuel and
all I can say is,

"Good grief!  Thank goodness it's here!"

As much as I love celebrating how many wonderful
years he has graced this earth...
every...single...year
(because I'm older by two weeks),
he gloats about how he's a whole year younger than me!

Do your math, buddy!

Even if I have to say I'm 33
and you get to say your 32
-I'm still only two weeks older!

Anyway...
his birthday wouldn't be the same without this
annual back and forth,
and truly,

"Happy Birthday, Samuel!"

I love you, hon!

This year was a bit unconventional for us
in that I was away for the big day in Bakersfield, California.

My grandma's nephew passed away and
I drove her and my little sister down for the funeral.
It was a wonderful opporunity to visit
family that I haven't seen since I was a little girl,
and to be able to spend time with my grandma and sister
was priceless!

What to do about the homefront though?

Well the day before I left,
I baked my buns off and 
gave the girls the secret mission of carrying
on the festivities without momma!

I am so proud of those girls!

They put the finishing touches on a 
hearty lasagna dinner,
wrapped dad's gifts,
AND
served Samuel's favorite chocolate cake for dessert! 

They are wondeful little momma's!

And the boys,
they played their part well too!
Keeping daddy busy with their escapades so
the girls could finish up!
...

When I got home the next day,
there was nothing but hugs and kisses
from all but one...
Gabriel!

He refused to look at me,
or let me hold him!

He was so, so upset with me for leaving!

I apologized and
told him I was home now,
and only then did he crawl into my arms!

What a sweetie! 

I love my brood!


No comments: