Friday, April 16, 2010

SD Nightmare

This innocent looking piece of one-inch plastic and microscopic metal parts has been a major pain in the you-know-what.  

I have happily been snapping pictures like crazy capturing 
Back to School Night, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, and Dafodil Hill-
among other Elmer family note-worthy events...
only to find that unbeknown to me, 
my camera harbored a stubborn little SD card
that decided to go all corrupted-crazy on me!

After repeated attempts to free my precious photos, 
I finally caved (And yes, we did go Spelunking too!) 
and forked over the forty bucks for a recovery program.  

Sigh.

Well, all really is well now.
I have my precious photos, which really are priceless, 
and I can be grateful that my recent adventures in couponing-
which has already saved our family a nice chunk of change-
more than paid for this mishap!

Just when you think your ahead...

Shake it off, right?
I now have a hearty new SD card ready to take a beating,
and believe me, it will!



4 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

What a bummer!

Amy said...

That is a nightmare!! That is my worst fear, you are right about the pics being priceless though. I am so glad it all worked out!

allison said...

Yikes! Glad you got your photos! But what a bummer!

Adam, Hilly, Wes and Meg said...

I'm so sorry! Just glad you were able to save them. One thing I always recommend to everyone using a digital camera is to transfer your pics to your computer every 3-6 months and then reformat your card (see your camera's manual). That usually keeps those little buggers happy.