Friday, June 25, 2010

High Adventure Trek & The County Fair


This is Samuel's first year in the Young Men's program at church,
and one of the biggest perks of working with the Varsity Scouts
is their annual High Adventure Trek. 

This year,
they went white-water rafting (I'm so jealous!),
and a big highlight for him was seeing a Bald Eagle for the first time!

While dad was away,
I wanted to do something really fun with the kids too.

Lucky for us,
the County Fair was in full swing...

so off we went!


I was so proud of Owen! 
He was determined to ride the cars,
even when no one else would ride with him!


The downside:
He hated the ride.


And was pretty traumatized from that point forth!


My girls were pretty awesome too!
They all wanted to ride the ferris wheel-SCARY!

To met at least,
I'm terrified of the things!


They loved it though,
and I'm thrilled no one fell out!






 While we waited for the girls,
me and the boys had a great time just relaxing
picnic-style on the lawn.


Later, I held my first scorpion...


...and the kids fell in love with the cows!

{They missed, dad!}


My daredevils tackled the swings next...
and don't ask me what I'm going to do
when they're old enought to want to ride the Zipper!




It was a really fun night out! 

Sometimes it's daunting taking them all out by myself,
but these are the best kids in the world
and they make me laugh and smile so much!


No comments: