Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Momma, Miss ?, Invicible Girl, & Lazy Love-Bug Hike




The girls and I (well, all the girls except Iris)
spent a few hours on a Saturday scouting
a section of Auburn's Western States Trail.

It's a beautiful area,
and the access point is really easy to get to,
unfortunately I can't locate it on any map!

Luckily I have a great memory,
and later,
after all the girl fun,
we brought the whole family out.

During our trip we enjoyed some great weather,
saw a pretty cool water fall,
passed several folks who were taking their horses out for a stroll,
and almost,
almost,
made it down to the water.

Being the novice hiker that I was,
I do know one hard and fast rule:

Stick to your turn-back time!

With the sun quickly setting
and the temperature dropping,
we made the right choice!

...

It's funny. 

I wasn't too nervous heading out alone.

We've gone hiking a number of times now,
and the girls are old enough to hold their own
in terms of not having to be carried, I mean.

But Bella,
she freaks when we do anything "out of the ordinary",
and she kicked into
high-speed "question-mode" quick!

Ava,
is the complete opposite.

Life is a grand adventue and of course,
we're invincible so we can do anything, right?

Iris,
my lazy, lazy love-bug.
She hates the very thought of
using her legs for any extended amount of time
(i.e. 10 minutes),
which is why she opted to stay at home and
hang with the boys instead!

My girls,
they are all so different.

I love that!

It was a blessing to have this time with them-
well, almost all of them,
and hopefully these outings
will become a tradition that will carry on
until I need them to carry me!
 .




No comments: