Saturday, September 17, 2011

Girls Morning Out



I can remember being woken early
in the morning by my mom
-horribly early in the morning-
and it was for one of two reasons:

1) She needed help setting up her garage sale,
or 2) we were going to the auction.

I always hoped it was the latter,
but after scouring the endless number of booths
under the brutal morning heat,
neither of them really had the edge.

Now that I have my own family,
we hardly EVER go to the auction,
but when we do,
it takes me back!

My girls brought their spending money,
and we comparison shopped,
haggled,
and scrutinized
until they found token items that were just right!

And to my surprise,
the auction does NOT go on forever and forever!

We actually reached the back of it!

I had to just kind of stare at it for awhile,
I was so agog that my childhood belief that it
NEVER ENDED
wasn't true!

H A P P Y  B A R G A I N  S H O P P I N G !




No comments: