Thursday, September 22, 2011

Strawberry Waffles + Jello Parfaits + Barbie Cake = Iris' 6th Birthday Extravaganza!

I cannot believe it!

Where did the time go?

My baby girl has officially lopped over to
two hands to represent her age...
six whole fingers now!



Her day started bright and early
with strawberry and chocolate chip waffles
and strawberry smoothies-
with the special plate and cup, of course!

Y U M !




For school we celebrated with
pink-swirled chocolate brownies!

D O U B L E - Y U M !


And when dinner rolled around,
we went high-end gourment with...

Macaroni & Cheese
(from a box!)
Cheetos
&
Piggies-in-a-blanket!


Since we have essentially three birthday parties every year-
one with Samuel's side,
one with mine,
and then finally just us on the day of,
we try to mix-up the desserts to avoid cake overload!

Hence the non-cake and non-ice cream parfaits!

She was so, so excited,
and even needed serious help in
blowing out her measly two candles!
{Yes, I'm a candle-scrabbler! 
Whatever's in my drawer is what we use!}


Since I've never made any of my girls a barbie cake,
I felt like this year was my last chance.


This is definitely foreign territory!
And I still can't get over how much cake it took
to cover Barbie's freakishly long legs!

I wouldn't have that problem!

{smile}


Thank heavens for cool whip! 
So, so forgiving!



And yes,
she's sporting a faux chopstick (toothpick) do!


This is what I'm talking about!

Look at that smile!

Even my big girls were thrilled!


We love you, sweet-potato puddin' pie!


Iris Luciana,

You are beautiful,
so funny,
incredibly smart,
and just a plain ol' sweetheart,
which in our opinion,
is the very best way to be!

Keep on growin', lovebug.

It is a joyous journey!

We love, love, love you!

xoxXOxoOxo
Mom + Dad




No comments: