Friday, February 26, 2010

New York Hot Patrami Sandwiches


I'm a busy mama with five beautiful children and
even though I love to cook there are nights when a quick and easy meal
is just what the doctor ordered. 

This meal was easy on mom and
an instant favorite with the family!

I hope it will be for yours too...

New York Hot Pastrami Sandwiches
Serves 4

Note:
To all you native New Yorkers who will look at my version of a New York pastrami and shudder, I apologize.  You see, I have no idea what a New York pastrami sandwich looks like, much less tastes like, because I've never been!  One day I hope to visit and experience it for myself, until then, I can dream,
and this is my humble version...

Ingredients
1 loaf of fresh baked french bread
1 1/2 lbs of deli pastrami
1 c. 2% Shredded Mozzarella
1/4 c. Light Sourcream
2 Tb. Yellow Mustard
1 Tb. Dijon Mustard
1 tsp. Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Directions

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.

Using a serrated break knife, slice the french bread down the center and open flat.  Smear on the sour cream, yellow mustard, and Dijon mustard on both sides.  Layer the pastrami, season with the salt and pepper, and top with the shredded cheese.

Close the sandwich and place on a large baking sheet.  Weigh it down with a large cast-iron skillet and insert into the oven.

Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melting.

Slice and serve with your favorite cold sides.  
We love Crisp Sweet & Sour Coleslaw and a super crunch Kosher Dill!

Enjoy!


No comments: