Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mission: Project Mess

Probably my least favorite tradition is decorating sugar cookies, but how can you cut-out a holiday classic like that? So this year, the task was made easier by my mother-in-law Clista, who made plain sugar cookies for our exchange so we could decorate them at home. Perfect! Half the dreaded task was done...because I hate baking any cookie unless it's a timeless chocolate chip. Still, we kept putting off the actually frosting of the cookies, so the kids were thrilled when Sam finally called through the house for them to "Report for Cookie-duty"!


Of course the kids had a blast, and the sprinkles went a flyin' everywhere! Here is the result of our collective labors. We won't be winning any awards I'm sure, but not too shabby either!


The best part came when the kids had free reign to eat their creations and finally could dig into the leftover frosting with abandon!




And last but not least, Owen started doing this hilarious jiggling in his booster seat--he must have been on a sugar-high! But it was so funny to see him go into this full body wiggle with a huge grin on his face. Then it dawned on me to capture it on video but alas it was too late. Most of what you see is the family, not Owen, jiggling instead.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

sugar cookies are my favorite for ANY holiday! It all stems back from my childhood. We made them and decorated all the time. The mess is the best~ can't wait to make the mess next week!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that always the case? Your kids do something cute and when you want them to do it again for the camera, they all of a sudden don't know what you are talking about! I hate that! I have so many video clips where I ask Mason to do something or say something and he just stands there with a blank look on his face. Drives me crazy!