Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My 7 Unspectacular Quirks

I've been really bad about updating my blog and I've been trying to do better. I noticed that since the last time I checked I had been tagged twice so here goes...

Tag 1: My 7 Unspectacular Quirks

RULES
1. Link to the person who tagged you: http://knudsonfamily-8-is-enough.blogspot.com/
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell 7 unspectacular quirks about you
4. Tag 6 bloggers by linking to them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged

It's tricky narrowing my quirks down to 7...

1. I can't stand a dirty car. It drives me crazy, especially since 90% of the time it's just plain gross. When things get really bad, me and the kids jump in the car and detail it. Yup, look at them having a good time. I can feel them dirtying it up as I write this!


2. I must have a mid-night snack every night at about 8:30pm. The kids are in bed then, and Sam and I have usually settled down to watch a Food Network Program. Unfortunately, we are very susceptible to what their cooking on TV, and usually, what their making is what we'll try to re-create at home. The nachos at 9PM...definitely not a good idea in hindsight.

3. Fingerprints on any household surface drives me nuts. Yes, I realize it sounds like I'm a clean-freak (and I probably am), but if I see prints I'm all over it with cleaner. And yes, with 4 kids, I'm wiping it up a lot.

4. The last sip. Every night, before we drop off to bed, I have to have one last sip of water. And it won't do if Sam is up and around and it's convenient for him to get it. For some reason the water just does not taste as good unless he's stirred from the warm bed and has to walk a ways to make it happen. Yes. I'm mean.




5. I detest having my hair professionally cut. I think I've only made it to a Super-Cuts 3 times in my lifetime before I said never again. Before I was married I trimmed it myself, and later Sam took over. He does a great job, but that still doesn't stop him from trying to get me into the hairdressers chair.


6. My feet are, and forever will be, extremely personal to me. I do not understand how people can get pedicures (or manicures for that matter), because the whole idea of someone touching my toes gives me the willies. Sam knows the worst gift he could ever get me is anything to do with a spa treatment. Yuck!

7. I love cookbooks...and cooking...and eating...and basically anything that has to do with food. It is so much fun to pour over new recipes and select those that I'd like to make for the whole family. My favorite new cookbook is "The Best Light Recipe" by Cooks Illustrated and America's Test Kitchen. There is nothing better than taking classic recipes and trimming them down so they taste just as fantastic but are healthier for everyone.

Okay, those are just a few of my quirks! I can't wait to read about some of yours!

My tags:
  1. Leah at http://waynable.blogspot.com/
  2. Rachel at http://rachbill.blogspot.com/
  3. Lisa at http://mrslisawilliams.blogspot.com/
  4. Shannon at http://beltram921.blogspot.com/
  5. Serina at http://2ktfaupulagirls.blogspot.com/
  6. Jessica at http://joeandjessicaelmer.blogspot.com/


4 comments:

sarah tangataevaha said...

You have some fun quirks! Congratulations on your expecting bundle of joy! We are excited for you. We should be joining you shortly, if I have any say in it. :-)

Knudson said...

WOW that is so fun! First of all I couldnt tell you were expecting when i saw you last week! 12 weeks! how exciting!!! You look great! Congratulations! Wow You let your hubby cut the hair! he does do great! way to go SAM! i love it! love you! BEC

Shan B. said...

your are too funny. I wish I had more of those neat freak quirks. It might take me a while but I will post as soon as I think of 7 quirks. congrats on the new upcoming arrival!

2KT Faupula girls said...

Okay, Dee is wishing I had developed a few of your quirks! I will post my quirks once I think of them! Love ya