Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pray for Your Children That I Won't Punt Them Out the Window

Yes, that's what I actually said to my husband.  And soon you'll know why...

Samuel served in the Philippines, Ilagan Mission, and there he learned a phrase in Tagalog that means mischievous.  The term is: Muk-Muk, or translated into English, means: Iris and Owen!


These two are the epitomy of mischevious, and this past week they really went bananas and drove me bonkers!

Bath time always involves removing all soap and soap-like products OUT of the tub during bath play time.  I thought I had removed them all, but apparently I missed one and they squeezed the contents of an entire bottle of shampoo into the tub making for this gray, soapy-soupy mess...
 
Later, while feeding Gabriel, I noticed that they were quiet.  Hmmm.  That always indicates trouble.  I went into the family room to discover they both had their own cleaning product (Owen had Windex; Iris had the $100 Granite Counter top cleaner), and were spraying furiously onto the coffee table and wiping it up with Gabriel's burp clothes!

Oh yeah, ignore Owen's middle finger inn the shot above.  Focus on the sheepish grin...
 
Still later, Iris came running to tell me that Owen was "playing with a knife".  What she realized as she was waving her arms at me, was that her hands were covered in chocolate frosting.  As her mind comprehended that this too required an explanation, she hurriedly added that Owen-not Iris-Owen, had gotten into the frosting!


Still later, after much scribbling on walls, doors, and basically any surface of any kind, I banned all writing utensils and set my watch for two minutes at a time.  That's how long I would let them go from my sight before checking on them.  They did well, climbing into the "tupperware cabinet" and rolling freshly picked lemons on the floor-I'm okay with that!  But then I later discovered that they had ceased rolling and were now "eating", rind and all, the lemons!  Iris wolfed everything down (I don't know know how she stomached it!), while Owen's chewed up lemon landed in a neat little pile at his feet.  Thanks Owen , I guess!

And if that isn't all, later in the day Owen acted as a human meat tenderizer to the roast I was preparing for dinner!  Aarghhh!

Well, they are now both tucked in for a nap, and I can finally, finally relax!

Or can I...?

6 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

Hang in there! Remind yourself this too shall pass and I bet one day when they are older you will be sitting around the dinner table laughing about these stories.

Crystal Dever said...

That's too funny... have you seen my morning from a couple days ago? Yours makes me feel better. :) I didn't know Sam went to the Philippines! So did Brandon!

the wyllie's said...

Did this happen all in one day??! Oh poor girl. Hang in there and good luck.

Joe and Jessica Elmer said...

I bet you're thinking school can't start early enough for Iris. I also love the middle finger pose...kinda fits the behavior I'm sure :)

The Stever Family said...

This makes me smile! Now I know I'm not the only one with a "busy" boy!!!

Laurie said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I am so glad you wrote this down for posterity or to remind them of this when they call you to complain about what their kids are doing to them. KIDS good thing they are so cute!!