Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baptism Preview...already?


A few Sundays ago I had the opportunity to attend a Baptism Preview for Isabella and other primary children her age who will also be turning eight this year. I can hardly believe that this year she will be baptized. It seems as though we've been talking about it forever-but that it was always years and years away! She is growing...so, so fast. And I am so happy to see her bright testimony growing as well. Last night in the scriptures, we read in Alma about what is required to enter the waters of baptism. It reads:

Yea, I say unto you come and fear not, and lay aside every sin, which easily doth beset you, which doth bind you down to destruction, yea, come and go forth, and show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism.

And whosoever doeth this, and keepeth the commandments of God from thenceforth, the same will remember that I say unto him, yea, he will remember that I have said unto him, he shall have eternal life, according to the testimony of the Holy Spirit, which testifieth in me.

Alma 7: 15-16

She said to me,
"Mom, I'm a little nervous [about the water], but I can do it!"


And inside my heart wrenched.
I'm amazed by her...and her sweet, sweet desire to do what is right.

1 comment:

2KT Faupula girls said...

OMG! She's gonna be 8! Time flies so fast. Wow! Keep us posted on the big day!