Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Kiss of Death: The Salon


Early yesterday morning I decided to snip at my hair a bit. Sounds harmless, right? And then I step back and get a good look at it and I realize one whole side was now an inch shorter. Not good considering my hair is short to begin with. Of course I should have stopped there but of course you have to try to fix it, right?

No. That was wrong. Very wrong.

When Sam came home for lunch I begged HIM to fix it. He has cut my hair for the last 7-years and always does a great job. This time though, he took one look at it and flat-out refused.
"You are going to the salon."

Those words were the kiss of death.

For those that don't know I'm terrified of getting my hair done, and when I realized he wouldn't help me, what he was going to make me do, I started to cry.

He wouldn't back down, made the appointment for that night, and before you know it I was sitting in "the chair".

As you can tell, I lived to tell the tale. I now know that:

1) I am a big, big baby (okay, I already knew that), and

2) Those wonderful salon people know what their doing.

I love my new haircut! And I'm pretty sure I'll even go back! Sorry Sam! It looks like you lost your only long-time customer!

Something tells me he's not too disappointed!



11 comments:

allison said...

Olivia you are so funny! I can't imagine anything more terrifying than allowing Jon to take a pair of scissors to my hair. Although when I first found out Sam does your hair I wanted to book an appointment with him because he keeps your hair looking really cute & stylish. I don't trust that Jon has the same skill.
The new cut looks really cute on you...salons aren't so scary!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Sam cuts your hair?! Wow! Sam, come over! Your hair is always so, so cute. If the MBA doesn't work out, there's always Sam's Salon. Your new look is also fantastic! Good job salon.

Joe and Jessica Elmer said...

It looks cute! Welcome to the dark side :)

The Blanquie Blog said...

I love it. It looks so cute!!!

Shan B. said...

I was laughing before I even read the post cuz I knew that you hated going to the salon. I'm so glad you survived. It looks cute. Now you don't have to be scared anymore.

Laurie said...

wow the hidden talents in your house!

I like the new cut.

I begged Richard to cut my hair once...he would not.

Amber said...

I'm with Shannon. I am still laughing. Thanks for giving me a good one :) Love the hair!! I have an AWESOME girl (wait, do you remember Christy Conteh from Marysville ward?) Anyhow, she's at a Salon in Lincoln and great!! Keep the laughs coming! ♥

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!! That was such a fun post to read!! You are even more adorable now, as if that's even possible. : D

Herlehy Family said...

I can't believe that Sam cuts your hair, you are so brave! I would be terrified to let Mark cut my hair, his small motor skills are not that refined. I love your new hair cut, you look fabulous!

Elizabeth Bejar said...

Wow!!! You look great.

Amy said...

It looks great! I cant wait to see it in person - although Sam has done an amazing job, you hair always looks great!