Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy V-Day Owen...I mean, Ava?


We have two girly-girls in our family: Isabella & Iris.
Period.

Ava is definitely in a class by herself-no frou-frou stuff for her. Her family knows this, especially her grandparents, so when Grandma Clista gave the kiddies their Valentine cards, Ava was speechless to discover that while Isabella & Iris received Disney Princess cards, and Owen received a Spider-man card, she recieved...Strawberry Shortcake?!? On the way home she kept repeating in a soft and dazed voice:

"I can't believe it. I just can't believe it."

That was the end of it-or so we thought. Later that evening, after finishing her homework, she announced to Samuel that now it was time to do her other homework. She then proceeded to furiously erase Owen's name from his Valentine only to replace it with her own. She was so proud that this gross error was now rectified!

All I can say is:
Thank goodness Owen's too young to care.

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is the sweetest story! Poor Ava. I'm sure next year no one will make that mistake again!

Melissa said...

At least she knows what she likes and doesn't! She rocks. That is awesome. : )

Laura Keith said...

Hahahaha!!! I love it! She knows what she likes! Gotta give her credit for that!

2KT Faupula girls said...

What a smart girl! I wouldn't have thought to do that!