Tuesday, February 10, 2009

White Babies!

My cousin Devan is far, far away in the great state of Alaska. There she has made a home with her husband, their beautiful son Charles Jacob Gable IV, and their two dogs. They are a military family, so we only see them on the rarest of occasions, but we love them so much.


It's funny because both my sister, Sophia, and my cousin Devan, are clearly not white. They both have beautiful dark hair, almond-shaped dark eyes, and creamy brown skin-all characteristic traits reflecting our Hispanic heritage. They both married white boys-like me!-yet their supposed "dominant traits" are no where to be found with their beautiful babies! Taylor is blond & blue-eyed, her sister Lola is a strawberry blond, and little Jacob here is a red-head!

We used to laugh and laugh when Sophia would get so mad at people at the store who would comment on the cute baby she was obviously babysitting!

It's really fun watching my sister be mad!

2 comments:

Lopez X 5 said...

Whoo Hoo, for the White babies!

2KT Faupula girls said...

Too funny! Most of my kids cousins are half white, but we haven't had a cousin that looks white!