Saturday, May 8, 2010

Weeds, Work, & Love



Samuel and I participated in the state-wide,
"Mormon Helping Hands" service project
alongside tens of thousands of members of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in California. 

Weed-eaters in hands,
we took to a lengthy section of Roseville's biketrails
and cleared the over-growth. 

It was an invigorating experience,
and my favorite moment was hearing of how a local neighbor
 saw what we were doing and jumped in to help out. 

The spirit of this gospel is catching,
and I am grateful to be apart of this great work
and to share it with others.

After the project Samuel and I were starving! 
We headed to Togos for our favorite:  The Number 24. 
And laughed at the number of odd looks we garnered
for being covered from head to toe in remnants of wild brush!

Even though we talked very little during the project-
the noise from the weed-eaters made it virtually impossible
to hear anything!-
I felt close to my sweetheart.
 
It was definitely an experience that drew us closer together.

Service has a way of doing that.


No comments: