Friday, May 14, 2010

Uncommon Friends...And the Tears that Fall When You Say Good-bye


You know what I'm talking about. 

And if you don't, you surely will one day.

I never thought that one of my best friends would reside "just over the fence".  And yet, when we moved to Roseville nearly two years ago now, that's exactly what happened.

We passed sugar, eggs, and who knows what else over that fence.  

We laughed together,
cried gobs of tears together,
and just were.

We not only shared a love of cooking,
but a between the two of us,
we had a bounty of life experiences that tried us,
and yes,
ultimately strengthened us.


Thank you, friend.


Our family has been richly blessed to know you and yours.


We dearly miss you all.

And look forward to keeping in touch.


Queen Victoria:
"You will go when I dismiss you.
I am your queen, and I am telling you to stay!"

Prince Albert:
"Good night, Victoria."

[Exits]

Queen Victoria:
[Storms over to door.]
"You may not go!
You may not go!
I order you to stay here in this room!
Albert!"

{Mmmm.}

I suppose they'll be no ordering you to stay...
Afterall it didn't work for Victoria, did it?

Anyhow, we love you and
we wish everyone all the best!

Thank you again...

for everything.

Olivia

P.S. 
And the Jackie Roll...
How can I ever repay you?


1 comment:

elisabeth.w said...

I just read this!!! How could I have missed it! You have been a great friend -- I miss you already so much. Tonight I made your fajita recipe and thought of you and wondered how you were doing. Thanks for everything -- you truly blessed my life.

Angie