Friday, March 26, 2010

30 Candles...

On April Fools Day, in 1980, my sister Sophia was born.  

I love that!

It was something I always snickered about growing up,

but in the end, 

way down deep,

I always knew we were best friends.

Happy, happy birthday Sophia!

We are so grateful we were able to share this special day with you.


I love that though you are a notoriously picky eater,

you love my food!  

It's no Michelin Star, 

no Zagat rating, 

but if you will take a bite, 

and then two, 

I know I'm doing something right in the kitchen!

It's an honor to prepare your birthday dinner Sophia, 

and an even greater honor to be your sister.

I love you dearly.

Me


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Olivia,
Thanks for the 3oth B-day celabration. But I object to the picture you took of me. For one I was just growing out a bad hair cut(and of course the next day I got my hair done)and two it was poor lighting(where's the powder). I demand a redo.

Love lots your shiny sister Sophia

Joe and Jessica Elmer said...

Cute story, especially about the picky eating. Happy birthday Sophia!