Monday, March 29, 2010

It really is just a hill...


I'm pleasantly surprised!

But let me back up just a bit.

A long, long, long time ago...
when Samuel and I were just dating,
we got it into our heads to head up the hill to Daffodil Hill.

We heard it was amazing, and so we stopped for rations (Taco Bell, the 10 pack), and off we went.  I think it was June or July...either way, it was way past the daffodil season, and all we ended up seeing were a few limpy remnants.

Now, many moons later,
married and with five kids in tow, 
we decided it was time to head back up that same hill.

And so we go.


The pleasant surprise came when we happened upon the farm and saw that the parking was free!  
That's unheard of.

Everything nowadays has a gimmick, a draw, or a catch 
{Are you noticing the Tootsie Pops?}.

But the parking was free.
Uh.

They had horses...


Peacocks,

and of course...


Flowers!
And guess what?

It's all free!




Hence the mommy and daddy smiles!












We had fun poking around...



And Ava even threw a rockin' good fit!




And this peaceful place proved to be just the right spot to catch your breath...




and calm down.



And of course...



You can't beat...



The amazing photo ops!

I could have snapped pictures ALL day!
And I did!

1 comment:

Shan B. said...

I just heard of this hill right before Easter when my sister mentioned she was going to go but the weather ruined it. It looks so pretty & I'm glad you got to go. I will have to remember this for next year...the pics are awesome!