Sunday, March 14, 2010

31 and Melting...




On March 14th I celebrated my 31st birthday!

Samuel planned an evening at the Melting Pot, and we dined on all things savory and sweet.  It was a night to remember, especially considering I dipped sweet n' sour pickles (which I hate!), into cheese and LOVED it!
The ambiance is incredible-
how you beat mini-booths?
-and let's face it, 
fondue is the ULTIMATE play with your food concept!


The main course was amazing, everything from lobster to ravioli's, but the best part was choosing from eight sauces to complement each bite.  My favorite was the New York Strip with a creamy blue cheese sauce.  Incredible!

Samuel favored the shrimp with the horseradish, and as you can see, it went down well...


The best is, of course, always last!

It really was too much, and aside from the strawberries-which just scream: Dip me in chocolate!-The cocoa crusted marshmallows rocked!

Where can you buy those?!?


Now for the absolute best part of my birthday...
Breakfast with the kiddies!

They served me an egg-white omelet with spinach and mozzarella, decorated the house with handmade party decor, presented me with a bevy of gifts, and tons of hugs and kisses!
Does life get any better?!?

Well, yes.  
My sister Sophia treated me to an evening of dinner and shopping!
{Okay, it's not "better", but it certainly was fun!}

I love that we're mommies now and can get together as sisters AND friends!  Especially when it seems like just yesterday that we were kicking and scratching each other...yes, we duked it out back in the day.

All told, my birthday was fabulous!

Thank you my sweet family!

XOXO
Me


1 comment:

Shan B. said...

Happy "late" Birthday Olivia!! I think that you are so lucky to have your family treat you like the queen you are on your birthday!!! Don't worry...the 30's are great!!