Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ballet Storytime

We've been long overdue in getting ourselves to the library for a free summer program, and when I checked the schedule I was excited to see that the Placer Theater Ballet Company was giving a story time at Roseville's Downtown Library.

I started getting ready at 7:30 in the morning to ensure we'd get to the 10:30 AM show on-time! I'm notorious for being late and didn't want to miss this! Luckily, everything went smoothly and the kids nabbed some front row seats.

I'm so glad we made the effort because the story time was magical! The girls were breathtaking in their Nutcracker costumes and the stories were wonderful!



Afterwards they taught us the 5 positions of ballet, and even demonstrated ballet en pointe!

Though they were gracious enough to pose for a photo, Owen was not! He hung to the side adamantly refusing to get anywhere near the dancers!


Before we left the girls accepted the invitation to touch the costumes.

They were in awe!

And so was I!


1 comment:

Shan B. said...

Apparently I need to get myself to the library!! How fun!!