Monday, July 27, 2009

Just keep swimming!

On Monday the girls started swim lessons.



Isabella and Ava took to the water easily, but my Iris played boa constrictor with my leg and refused to enter the water. It took about three minutes to coax her into the capable hands of her instructor, and it was at that moment that I turned and bolted through the crowd to ensure she would lose sight of me. Sounds mean, but I knew if I just walked away she'd have a much easier time of it.


Sure enough, the next time I looked all three girls were floundering in the water and having a great time!




What do I love most about summer swim lessons?

Exhausted kids who fall asleep the moment their head hits the pillow!

Yes!

3 comments:

Shan B. said...

That's so fun...Blake did his lessons & the 1st day I was a lil embarrassed by his behavior & then the next day he was fine. I should probably post about that on my blog. hahaha

the wyllie's said...

How fun!! They look so cute... I love Iris getting piggy back rides!

Herlehy Family said...

Great pictures! The thing that I love the most about swimming lessons is that one year we will no longer need to take them, that is what gets me through.