Monday, July 20, 2009

Really? Marshmallow Cream in...what?


A bizarre recipe in Samuel's family is the Marshmallow and peanut butter sandwich. Samuel says they taste great, and his sister Rachel even insists that marshmallow creme is healthier than jelly. Now, I don't know about that, but I did verify her claim that jelly has more sugar...so who knows?

But when I ran out of jelly for lunchtime p.b. & j.'s, the marshmallow creme seemed to glow on the shelf saying, "Use me!".

So to the happy cheers of my kids, we made the sandwiches and of course they loved them!

Later Sam came home and showed me where the whole jar of jelly was hiding in the fridge.

Go figure!


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Drive to Marsyville and I'll hand over a quart of my homemade strawbeery freezer jam. We need to officially meet. We moved in, I was preggo, I got put on bed rest...you guys moved. Boo.

OLIVIA said...

I agree! We do need to meet. I'm glad we connected through blogs and facebook though. I just ordered a load of frozen strawberries from Oregon, I'd love your jam recipe if you're willing to share. Thanks!

Melissa said...

My best friend from high school would eat that stuff till the cows came home. I tried it once and thought I would throw up. Not for me. :) Your post made me think of her! I agree with Sarah. Home made strawberry freezer jam is the best!! I am gonna bring home strawberry's next week from good old Santa Maria. YUMMY! Who wants to come over and make jam with me????

OLIVIA said...

Oooh, tell me when and I'll try to make it up!