Thursday, July 23, 2009

Family Camp: Day Three, Attack Cupid, Happy Trails, & Birthday Wishes

Thursday dawned bright and clear with a hint of...fire smoke? No.
Pine trees? No.

Aw, yes. I know that smell well.

It's love!

Love is definitely in the air which means its...

VALENTINES DAY!
(Whoa, there Luke! Don't get too sweet on your cousin there!)


I was in charge of this particular holiday and because I LOVE sweets the kids decorated sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles including pink sugar crystals, red-hots, and conversation heart candy.

Iris hard at work.

Isabella with her delicious creation-but oh! What's that there in the woods? It looks like we have a visitor!

Cupid (a.k.a Samuel)!
That mischievous love bug has invaded our camp intent on pricking us with his love arrows!

I told the kids that while we love that he pricked their parents with arrows many years ago, it was time to turn the tables on our match-making friend. Each child, armed with a cupful of ice-cold creek water, made their assault to keep him at bay. I thought Cupid would be a bit more nimble, but within seconds his garlands sagged under the weight of the water!

Alas, he wasn't defeated though. He managed to capture me and planted a soggy kiss! I owed him though, seeing as he's always willing to be part of my crazy schemes!

Thank you honey!

You really are a sweetheart!

Later in the afternoon we took the kids on a mini-hike.

We made quite a sight tromping into the woods.

Two of my manly mountain men.

Sweet Iris

Owen, my heart.
(And how appropriate for Valentines Day!)

Isabella & Abby

Gazing in the stream, or in Uncle Ron's case, up at the sky!

Uncle Houston blowing a beautiful dandelion parachute ball.

Ava's birthday fell on this, the third day of camp, and we celebrated with chocolate cupcakes.

Later, with tears in her eyes, she told me she wished that we could stay at camp forever!
She has such a tender heart.


Ava with the birthday crown that Isabella made for her. I'm so glad these sweet girls are good friends too.

Happy Birthday Ava-dear!



No comments: