Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Wild West!

Taking the kiddies to the park alone has always been low on my list-it's just too stressful chasing Owen around with a newborn. But on this gorgeous day I bit the bullet and thought it was well worth the effort if it meant getting everyone out of the house for a few hours to burn some energy.

We were really impressed with Mahany Park so I thought we'd check out the all accessible park in Maidu Park.

It has a fun "wild west" theme and the kids had fun exploring the "town".

Isabella in the "gathering place" maze.

Later, we crossed the street to the baseball fields and spread out our blanket for a picnic. We watched kids train for baseball season and munched on ham, crackers, and cheese. It was awesome to be able to eat and not worry about cleaning up the crumbs!

Mental note:
Go on more picnics!

All in all,
Owen came home in one piece,
I retained my sanity,
and I even took a couple of family pictures which I'll post later!


No comments: