Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hittin' the Books

When it's time for the kids to go back to school, it's bittersweet for me.

On the one hand, I absolutely adore being with my children. Yes, they squabble and occasionally drive me just the tiniest bit insane...but they're MY squabblers and I love them to pieces! When summer comes my heart is full and happy to be surrounded by ALL of my children every moment of the day.

On the other hand, as summer comes to a close I do feel as though with each passing day our home shrinks-just a little-but enough to make everyone yearn for a little
...space.

And so, with this new year, this new ADVENTURE, we set off for the first day of school.

Our brood!

Ava preparing to settle in for the long haul.

Her teaching waving good-bye (that's the "get-out" signal for us lingering parents!).

Isabella getting ready to take the plunge!

Finding her seat.

I love you girls!

1 comment:

Herlehy Family said...

I agree going back to school is bitter sweet! Good luck girls with your new classes.