Saturday, August 22, 2009

Beginning the Work...The Great Work

On Saturday August 22nd, at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, we commenced the work for my Grandpa Lopez and other ancestors in the Sacramento Temple.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day, and one that Samuel and I greatly anticipated. I am so grateful to have the blessing of my Grandma and Grandpa in doing the work for our family members.

To be able to do this work at all, is a great blessing in and of itself.

Samuel and I outside the temple.
I'm loving the Marilyn Monroe breeze!

Joe & Jessica

Gary, Houston, & Elizabeth

A family picture with Gary and Clista.

Sisters: Clista & Patti

Uncle Ron & Aunt Patti

We are so grateful for all the family in attendance. Your love and support mean the world to us. I can picture my Grandpa, choked up with emotion, appalled to have "such a fuss" made over him, but pleased nonetheless.

Afterwards we dined at Tahoe Joe's-they have the absolute best clam chowder this far inland!-and just...
savored the special day.


1 comment:

the wyllie's said...

I like how it looks like I'm wearing white tights..... I'm so white! We loved sharing this special day with you. You are one step closer in spending the eternities with your ancestors.