Saturday, August 15, 2009

Daphne's & Tiffany's: Greek Food and Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend!


The girls had the opportunity to redeem their gold drachma's (good for one free kid's meal) at Daphne's Greek Cafe. They earned these precious coins for successfully completing the summer reading program at the Roseville Public Library!

Way to go girls!

We happily dined on family favorites-the pita bread and Tzatziki sauce are to die for!-and enjoyed the nice weather on the patio!

We laughed as a 3-year old kid from the next table
exclaimed in a loud whisper to his parents,

"Two adults and FIVE kids? That's impossible!"

Then later,

"But why? Why do they have so many?"


Believe me kid, I've asked myself that a time or two!



After dinner we cruised over to the mall to check out the newly opened "Tiffany's". I brushed all the kids up on their fancy store behavior (no running, hands clasped behind your back in the "browsing mode") , and it was all for naught! The store was closed! They even denied us the opportunity to window shop with sleek shades that hid the contents of the store. Oh well, we'll have to visit my diamonds another time!


Next we hit DSW Shoes in search of some sneakers for the kids. Little did I know that they don't carry kids shoes-this is strictly a mommy and daddy shoe store! Seriously, next time we have a date night I want to come here and do some serious shoe shopping! I can't wait!

Do you like Samuel's pick?

This is what we look like after a trip to the water fountain.
Seriously, it's typical for any member of our family to come away soaked!





Why does visiting the Fountains and eating frozen yogurt never get old?

Is it one of those timeless traditions,
those simple pleasures
that keep us coming back for more?

Or maybe it's the company?

Yes.

Most definitely it's the company!

1 comment:

Shan B. said...

Ok...I love Daphne's & I need to get back over there. So do you get to play in the fountains or is it just a show. I need to get over there too. I went to the Galleria the other day & was shocked to see that there was going to be a Tiffany's. Wow...it's like Roseville is trying to be all fancy. Good for us.