Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Call Do-over!

Well the first day of school came and went in a blur. As I waited for them to come home later that day, I felt a twinge of guilt for how things transpired. A hearty back-to-school breakfast? No, try a hastily poured bowl of cereal! Love notes in their lunch boxes? They were lucky to get a sandwich! The traditional first-day photos in the front yard with their new school duds? How about a quick kiss and a "Don't be late!".

Absolutely horrible, right?

So in my determination to make things right, I call an official:

Do-over!


There were eggs...

toast...

and yes, even chocolate milk!



We had our front-yard photo shoot-when did they get so big?-and they carried lunches with not only love notes, but love bites in each of their sandwiches!

I am so grateful for wonderful kids who love their mama despite her shortcomings. What a blessing they are to me.



4 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey they will probably remember the do-over more than they would if you had just done it on the first day...you created a fun memory!

2KT Faupula girls said...

Gosh Olivia, your too nice! Those kids are totally blessed to have you as their mommy!

allison said...

you're a good mom Olivia! Your family is lucky to have you!
Please tell me, what's a love bite? Sounds delish!

OLIVIA said...

Love bites are when you take a small bite out of their sandwich. My kids get a kick out of seeing that tiny bit missing and know immediately that it's mom's doing!