Thursday, August 13, 2009

Necessity is the Mother of Invention...right, Barbie?

It was one of those days where the kids flop around listlessly exclaiming, "There's nothing to dooooo....". Usually I nip that in the bud by suggesting some chores they can help me out with, but before I could think up a few, Isabella piped up with a better idea and suggested I teach her how to sew.


So out came my sewing box, some felt scraps, and a naked barbie-who was in desperate need of some modest attire-and we got started.

She mastered stitching quite easily, and before you know it, that barbie had a snazzy new red dress!

Not to be outdone, Ava created a no-sew cropped jacket!


Iris also wanted to help, so she pitched in by creating a nifty blue headband.

Great job girls!


1 comment:

Brandy said...

I LOVE that! Olivia, I love all the fun things that you do with your kids and am amazed at your easy-going nature with 5 children. What a fun blog to read :)